Simona Cipriani is the owner of the Art of Control® and the Educational Director of the Art and Science of Contrology® Pilates Training Program. She is a Second-Generation Master Teacher of Teachers who studied extensively with Romana Kryzanowska, becoming a certified instructor of the Authentic Pilates Method in 1993.
Combining her knowledge of movement therapies with science the way Joseph H. Pilates intended, Ms. Cipriani directs her own Pilates professional certification—The Art and Science of Contrology®: Pilates Certification Program. Simona’s program is also integrated into the curriculum of classes offered at the State University of New York at Purchase College.
Ms. Cipriani is the author of the book, Art and Science of Contrology, a Traditional Pre-Pilates and Beginner Mat and Small Equipment.
Simona Cipriani attended the Feldenkrais Guild’s training in New York City from 2005 to 2009. Since that time, she has been working with clients utilizing both private Functional Integration sessions and Awareness Through Movement small group classes.
“I work with people from all walks of life who want to learn how to look after their bodies, helping them with the use of the Pilates system and all of its equipment, to feel better, more confident and more fulfilled in their everyday lives. I do this because I want to help make healthier choices for themselves.” —Simona Cipriani
Ms. Cipriani is very active in the Pilates Industry:
- Travels throughout the USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Australia teaching Pilates seminars and workshops
- Published 2 Pilates DVD series and the Art and Science of Contrology Traditional Pilates Book(Pre-Pilates, Beginner level) and is in the process of writing a second book
- Presented at the Natural Medicine Summit 2013 in Sydney, Australia
- Chair of the annual Pilates Conference at the State University of New York at Purchase College, and NYC
- Massage therapist for the Athletes at the 2004 Olympics games in Athens Greece and 2006 Torino, Italy
- Former Head of Membership Committee for the Authentic Pilates Union (APU)
- An active member of
Workshops taught by Simona:
Call the studio today to learn more about bringing a workshop taught by Simona Cipriani to your studio or fitness event.
- The Art and Science of Contrology™: Biomechanics and the Deconstruction of the System
- TraditionAll Endings™
- Contrology Upright and Mat Exercises™
- Pilatesenior Delicacies™
- Mens Sana in Corpore Sano™
- The Arch of Life™
- Contrology™ Super Advanced Mat
- Contrology™ Super Advanced Reformer
- Contrology™ Small Equipment Workshop
- Elongation and Articulation of the Spine